Friday, February 27, 2009

The £40 Student Challenge - Sensing victory

As a child I was crazy about Manchester United. I used to live for them. I think it all started when as an 8 year old child I found a poster of Ryan Giggs in the wet play magazines. I still had Manchester United wallpaper when I brought my first proper girlfriend round at the age of 17. By that time I had grown out of the wallpaper, but can you imagine? It couldn’t have exactly got her going!

Anyway I will always remember the FA cup final in 1994 when Man U hammered Chelsea 4-0. For the last goal Paul Ince rounded the keeper and in front of an open goal slid it across to Brian Mcclair to tap into the net. It was at the stage when they knew they had done it so were sort of taking the piss. They couldn’t believe how easy it had become!



Well I am in that stage of the £40 challenge now. This week has been a breeze. £20 on shopping and a couple of pounds on newspapers has left me with a tenner in my pocket with barely 24 hours left. With that in mind I have started to get a bit cavalier in my actions.

When my alarm went off this morning, I looked at it, gave myself a wry smile and thought to myself ‘sod making sandwiches. TODAY I’m having a Boots lunch!’

Then this evening I was craving a chocolaty treat to go with my cup of tea and crossword. Again, ‘sod it, I’m going to the vending machine.’ I wouldn’t usually pay 60p for a twix, but TODAY I can smell victory.

P.S I suggest you watch that video....Man U were exquisite!

No comments: