Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Day 4.

So far and so good on my little challenge.

According to the brown book, I have spent £5.31 and we are on the 4th day.

My early strategy has evolved around using up all of the food that I have got in my cupboards first. However I have run out of primary products (the phrase I am using to describe meat) That meant yesterday I had to replace what would usually be some sausages, or maybe a piece of fish with cheese on toast.

Therefore my dinner consisted of cheese on toast, chips and beans. I can't say I had ever had that combination before and to be honest it didn't really work. But still, it was better than popping over to the uni canteen and wasting £5. I also offset the lack of veg with an apple and orange for dessert.

Shopping trip is coming up though, and the pub quiz on Thursday so I think things may get a little harder from here.

No comments: