Sunday, January 9, 2011

Putting an end to the "fuck it" mantra

There is a lifestyle that I sometimes fall in to, which this year, I want to avoid. It’s the legacy of student living – an environment I thrived in – rearing its ugly head. I call it the “fuck it” mantra.

The “fuck it” mantra is easy to identify, as with each (non) action I say the words, “fuck it”.

- Alarm goes off at 7am. “Fuck it.” Press snooze.

- Get to the bathroom, no shaving foam. “Fuck it.” Designer stubble.

- Go to the wardrobe, no ironed shirt. “Fuck it.” Wear a jumper.

- Get to the station, season ticket has run out. “Fuck it.” Buy pay as you go.

- Get home, nothing in the fridge. “Fuck it.” Buy a pizza.

- Check post and see letter with big red writing. “Fuck it.” Leave it on the side unopened.

- Take gym kit to work, finish at 6pm. “Fuck it.” Too late.

- Rubbish collection day, bin full. “Fuck it.” Do it next week.

- Text from close friend seeing if I want to meet up. “Fuck it.” Reply later.

- Washing has been in the washing machine for three days. “Fuck it.” Give it a spin.

- Shower head is broken. “Fuck it.” Fix it later.

- Running late. “Fuck it.” Be late.

Goodbye sorry student habits.

P.S – any future employers please read on to aspirations for 2011 – a far better reflection of who I want to be.

No comments: